Are you interested in starting your career and getting experience in Public Health? Look no further! The Tobacco Prevention Project offers internships for individuals who have a passion for making a difference, and for policy, systems and environmental change. Throughout the year we have different opportunities for paid and unpaid internships. If this is something that interests you please submit your resume and cover letter or via the "Contact TPP" button.
Example Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in development of social media marketing materials to educate different audiences on various topics such as, youth vaping, flavored tobacco products, secondhand smoke, local policies, etc.
- Prepare materials and agendas for the Tobacco Prevention Coalition and related subcommittees as well as attend their related meetings and co facilitate as needed.
- Support the youth coalition coordinator through leading meeting discussions and supporting coalition activities.
- Co-create quarterly newsletters using graphic design websites like Canva, Mail Chimp.
- Conduct data collection and surveying within target jurisdiction of tobacco education campaigns.
- Participate in meetings with public health staff and community stakeholders working on the community policy changes
- And so much more!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Highly motivate, self-sufficient, also a team player
- Track record of being a changemaker and leader in their community
Education and/or Experience
- Current student in an Undergraduate or Masters program