Every person aged 6 months and older needs the flu vaccine, every year. This is especially true this year, with COVID-19 also circulating widely in Contra Costa.
Flu viruses are unpredictable and can change over time. That is why we recommend that everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine every year. Flu vaccine will provide protection against three (trivalent vaccine) or four (quadrivalent vaccine) flu viruses and will be available in the fall throughout Contra Costa County at pharmacies, grocery stores, and other locations.
Find out where to get vaccinated
Flu Prevention Tips
It is important for everyone to take steps to protect themselves, their families and their community.
The best tool for prevention of flu is vaccination. Yearly influenza vaccination is recommended for everyone 6 months and older.
The best place to get vaccinated is at your regular health care provider or clinic. Find other locations in Contra Costa to get vaccinated.
- Prevent the Flu
- Why Get a Flu Vaccine
- yourhealth: Is it a cold or the flu?
- Personal Stories of Vaccine-preventable Diseases
- A Mother's Loss (YouTube)
- Bad Case of Havin' the Flu | Audio (mp3)
- Practice What We Preach - Get Vaccinated
- I Choose to Immunize | Spanish
- Protect Yourself, Protect Your Family PSA (CDC) English | Spanish
- Recommendations for the Prevention and Control of Influenza in California Skilled Nursing Facilities (CDPH)
- Interim Guidance for Influenza Outbreak Management in Long-Term Care Facilities (CDC)
- Information for clinicians on influenza testing (CDC)
Schools & Child Care Settings
Healthcare & Residential Facilities
- Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) or Acute Respiratory Illness (ARI) Outbreak Management Checklist for Healthcare Facilities
- Infection Control Transfer Form – USE FOR TRANSFERS TO A HEALTHCARE FACILITY